Photos by the wonderful Kristy Garceau located in the Chicagoland area.
I wish it were a video because the "weee" she says is so flippin' cute.
Dad, dadda, daddy, pops. Father’s have many different special names and even a very special day coming up where we get to celebrate our appreciation of all the dads out there. The day is quickly approaching so now’s the time to get your very special handmade, DIY, green, fun and easy Father’s Day gift ready!
Not sure what to have the kids make for good ‘ole pops to honor him on his special day? Well, here are 10 ideas for you that can be completed in one afternoon!
Well, you only need some scissors, duct tape, iron and beer koozie to create a one-of-a-kind tool belt! Checkout this awesome video on Vimeo created by Man Made DIY. This tutorial is really simple and totally unique. You can make this project in less than an hour and for FREE (if you have all this stuff lying around, that is)!
- DIY Photo Album: This photo album is simple and fun!
- Nuts & Bolts Salty Snack Tin with Label: Make the snack, put it in a wax paper lined tin (an old cookie, popcorn or other snack tin) with a lid and put the label on it. Can’t find a tin? Try an old oatmeal canister or coffee can and maybe cover the sides with colored construction paper or card stock.
- World’s Best Dad Coupon Book: Just print, cut, staple/fasten/sew together this coupon book template. Easy and he’s sure to love it.
- Drift Wood or Scrap Wood Key Holder: Scrap of wood, a couple hooks & screws – how simple.
- Lego Charging Station and Key Holder: This one will take a bit with all the drilling and glueing but for a techie/geeky/lego-loving dad this one is fantastic.
- Dad Rocks Paperweight: Have your kid(s) pickout some of their favorite rocks on a nightly stroll tonight for this simple paperweight project.
- Bungee Cord Memo Board: Skydiver, mechanic, and avid camper dads will probably get a kick out of this one. Maybe not so much if you use all his bungee cords, though!
- Rustic Woodsy Frame: So simple and classic!
- Felt Picture Frame: The name says it all and you can definitely play this one up by adding maybe some fish on the front for a dad who loves to fish or maybe a little felt camp fire for a picture of your first camping trip. The possibilities to customize this easy frame are endless!
A & J as babes...
A & J as toddlers....craziness.
Lunch Date w/ Cousin H
J had a lunch date with her Cousin H today and my SIL sent me these shots. At first they made me smile and feel so happy that she’s having so much fun when I’m not there.
Then, I got to the “I’m not there” part of my thought and it made me cry. Sometimes I feel like I’m not there too much and it kills me. I miss too much all for a paycheck. Maybe today’s just a bad day.
And we're off...
Put it down the slide - weeeeeeee!!!